Saturday, June 2

Battle

Stress and I are old enemies. We have engaged each other in battles uncounted.

My enemy wears many faces. At times it is the face of a family member, other times it is the face of a coworker, many times it is the unrecognized face of the unkown. More often than not it is the familiar face that stares back at me while I am shaving.

In every battle I have been victorious: smug, raging, defiant. In every battle my enemy vows revenge.

It is inevitable that my enemy will win the endless war we wage.

Just not today.

3 comments:

tiff said...

No, it won't win, not with the Pupfish in your arsenal.

And yay for you winning today. Keep piling them up one at a time and it's all over but the shouting.

Er...or something.

Anonymous said...

One day at a time, buddy!

Shari said...

I consider my face my enemy every time I have to shave, too.